Vacation Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
PanamaCityBeachforRent.com :: Homepage » Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Vacation Rentals
Resort Destinations – “Where Its More Than a Vacation, It’s Your Memories!”
IN CONSIDERATION of the rent received and the mutual promises described herein, the Owner of the subject property, through Resort Destinations Management Company, does hereby lease and rent to Tenant/Guest that certain property described in your confirmation agreement and under the following terms and conditions. Revised 01/08/13
BUSINESS HOURS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
During Season: Monday – Saturday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Off Season: Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Off season hours normally start in the 2nd week of August and end the last day in February.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES ARE AS FOLLOWS ON CENTRAL TIME:
During Season: Check-in time is between 3:00pm and 5:30 pm
Larger homes may take additional time for housekeeping.
Off Season: check-in time is between 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm
Any guest checking in on Sundays will be between 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm
All Check Out times are 10:00 am central time. Any delays, due to guest not checking out by 10:00 am central, may have an additional charge for reassigning housekeepers & inspectors.
1) LATE NIGHT ARRIVALS: Arrivals after business hours must be paid in full and must call in advance to make arrangements for entry combination. Should you have trouble with the lock box combination or key code, please call 850-249-1050 for assistance. Any guest that checks in late must come to the office to sign the check-in paperwork and receive the check-in package the following day by no later than 2:00 pm central time.
2) Rental Fee : is accepted by Visa, Master Card, Discover, US Certified Funds, Certified Bank checks or Traveler’s checks. If the guest is paying by means other than a credit card, the payment must be received no later than the 5th day after the reservation has been reserved. All payments made by credit card must be paid within 24 hours of reserving a property. A rental payment of 20% of the rental rate or a minimum of $320.00, WHICH EVER IS GREATER, is due at the time of the making a reservation. The cashier’s check, money order, must be made payable to:
6504 Thomas Dr
Panama City Beach, Fl 32408
Resort Destinations will not be held liable for NOT receiving the reservation deposit in the time frame allotted.
ALL PUBLISHED RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. A RESERVATION REQUIRES PRE PAY MONIES FOR THE RESERVATION TO BE ACTIVE & VALID.
3) CANCELLATIONS: All daily and weekly cancellations must be made in writing via email transmission, postal mail or by fax (850-235-4633) at least (30) calendar days prior to scheduled arrival(WEEKLY RENTALS); (120) calendar days for (MONTHLY) bookings for a complete refund of deposit less the administration fee of $155.00. Under no circumstances will a refund be made of the advance reservation fee or prepayments after the expiration of the (30) / (120) day grace period. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit or any monies and eviction from the premises can occur. Every attempt will be made to contact you by mail, email or phone with a new confirmation if a change to your reservation becomes necessary. Resort Destinations is not responsible for errors due to property changes made by owners, or for any conditions beyond our control. All unit descriptions are correct at the time of printing, but subsequent to owner changes.
4) MONTHLY RESERVATIONS: TWO (2) month rentals or longer will be given priority during the winter season. AMENITY PACKAGES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR STAYS 26 DAYS OR LONGER AND RESERVATIONS THAT ARE LESS THAN 2 NIGHTS. Required money for MONTHLY reservations at the time of reserving is 20% or a minimum of $320.00 whichever is greater. The first month rental fees are due 60 days prior to check in. Monthly guest will have an electric cap of $100.00 per month for units less than 1200 square feet and $150.00 per month cap for units larger than 1201 square feet. Any electric bills that are over the cap will be added to the rents. If the electric bill is not received by the first of the month, the excess amount will be added to the next month’s rents or taken from the damage deposit. Credit card payments are accepted for monthly reservations and paid for month to month in advance. Early cancellations of monthly stays do not constitute a return of the pre-pay monies and will be considered as liquidated damages should cancellation happen. Accepted forms of payment are US Certified Funds, Certified Bank checks, Traveler’s checks, Visa, MasterCard or Discover Credit Cards.
5) FAMILY RENTALS: Reservations made for teenagers or young single groups will not be honored without an accompanying adult couple staying in the unit at ALL times. We require at least one member of the party to be 23 (twenty-three) years of age for properties that occupy up to 4 adults & for Homes that occupy 8 or more to have the majority over the age of 23 years of age or older, unless specifically approved by R.D. general manager! Any violators will be evicted according to Florida Statue 508-141 with forfeiture of all monies. No rental property may be sublet without written permission from R.D. Your reservation is not transferable to another party without written or emailed permission & acknowledged in writing from R.D. and all parties must present valid Identification. Parents are not allowed to check-in and then leave the property to under aged guest; they must stay at the property throughout the duration (nightly) of the reserved stay dates. During Spring Break, all guests must send photo ID’s within 5 business days from booking a property. All Spring Break guest must show proof of photo ID’s at the time of check in. Any group whose behavior creates a disruption or interferes with their neighbor's reasonable peaceful enjoyment of their property will not be allowed to stay and no refund of rents will be made and immediate eviction could occur. Reservations made during Spring Break must be paid in full 7 days prior to the check in date. Damage deposits must be paid at the time of check in, in the form of cash, cashier’s check or money order made out to Resort Destinations. Resort Destinations reserves the right to inspect any property with or without notice to the guest.
6) PET FRIENDLY UNITS: Some of our properties are pet friendly and others are not. If you bring a pet, to a non-pet friendly property, you will be asked to remove and board the pet. Any evidence of a pet in the vacation rental property or on the premises of a non-pet friendly property will result in forfeiture of your monies paid including the security deposit. For pet friendly units, pets must be crated while not in the unit and all furnishings must be covered with a sheet or blanket. Any evidence of pet damages will be billed to your Credit Card; all pet friendly units/homes must reserve with a Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover Credit card). For all Condos allowing pets a non refundable Pet fee of $70.00 applies and for Homes a non refundable Pet fee of $90.00 applies to the total amount due. On site Associations may or may not charge additional rates for a pet.
7) Damage Deposits: A damage deposit is due at the time of check in. Acceptable payment for damage deposit is cash, cashier’s check or money order, made payable to Resort Destinations. The amount due will be subject to the property you have reserved. Please ask one of our staff members. The damage deposit is a preset amount and is refundable on the 10th day after check out by Corporate Check, if the unit is in the same condition as when you checked in. Any damage or excessive cleaning charges that go beyond your paid damage deposit will be charged to the major credit card we have on file or the security deposit.
If you have purchased the RDRM, INC. Damage Insurance policy, the signed policy will become part of the Terms & Conditions. The fee for the insurance policy is nonrefundable and payable only by cash, money order or cashier’s check. Damage Insurance is not offered during Spring Break or when the majority of the group is under 25 years of age.
8) Report Damages: It is Resort Destinations policy to have guests report any damages to the property they have rented within the first four hours of checking in, or we will assume the damage was caused by the guest. Normal wear and tear is common in heavily rented properties, but if the guests see bad stains on carpets, damaged furnishing, or holes in walls we must be notified right away. All our properties are inspected and inventoried after each checkout. Resort Destinations will charge any guest for damages that exceed the damage deposit amount.
9) Smoking: Smoking is strictly prohibited in any of Resort Destinations properties. Guest is welcome to smoke outside. Make sure that the doors and windows are kept shut when smoking on balconies or porches. All trash and cigarette butts must be disposed of in a trash container. Any trash, cigarette butts thrown off balconies, roofs, yards will have a cleanup charge against the guest’s damage deposit. If you are smoking on balconies please close the door completely behind you and discard of trash appropriately. Ask if your property is smoker friendly. Any smoking inside will result in a $250.00 fine.
DO NOT LITTER on the property or within the complex.
10) Federal Law: Federal law prohibits any person(s) from throwing trash or items from balconies. If the guest is found to be throwing items from a balcony, the guest will in most cases be given only one warning. If these actions proceed, the Sheriff will be called, the guest will be removed from the property and all rents and deposits will be none refundable.
11)Human Waste: In any instance where there is Human waste left for House Keeping crews to clean up or handle in any way, there will be an extra housekeeping fee charged for the proper disposal and sanitation of the waste.
12) On site Associations: Some Associations charge guests for parking passes, arm bands and pets. Resort Destination and their guests must abide by the rules of the Association. If we have parking passes and or arm bands at our office, you will receive them at check in. If we do not carry these items, you must purchase them from the onsite Association. The charges from onsite association are in addition to your vacation rental fees.
13)BBQ Grills: BBQ grills are not permitted on most balconies by law. If you should want to have a grill, the grill must be located in the yard away from the property. Guest agree to remove any trash from the grill including ashes, coal or wood.
14) Refrigerators: Please be aware that the refrigerator in the property may or may not have been used prior to your stay. Due to this, most refrigerators require at least 24 hours to 30 hours of cooling cycle to thoroughly refrigerate the groceries you have put in it. We recommend placing only perishables in the refrigerator for the first 24 hours. Keeps all carton drinks in a separate cooler. Try not to repeatedly open the refrigerator door for the first 24 hours. If the refrigerator does not seem to be cooling, but the freezer is, the most likely cause is it is over working itself to cool down. Do not lower the temperatures below manufactures recommended settings, for this can cause the system to freeze up and damage the unit. If neither the freezer nor refrigerator is cooling, call Resort Destinations and we will send maintenance out to check it. If the unit is cooling at manufactures requirements, you will need to give it more time. If the guests call again about the refrigerator, we will send out a professional refrigerator repair person. If it is reported back to us that the refrigerator is working to manufactures requirements, the guest will be charged for this service call.
EARLY CANCELLATIONS OR EARLY DEPARTURES DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER DO NOT WARRANT ANY REFUND OF RENT OR DEPOSIT.
15) Resort Destinations Hurricane Policy: We will refund unused days (prorated) in the event of a mandatory evacuation by The Bay County Emergency Management Offices of North West Florida and in conjunction with the National Weather Service (www.nhc.noaa.gov) which may issue a mandatory evacuation notice. If no evacuation notice is issued by either of these government agencies and you choose to leave before the end of your reservation period or choose to cancel due to 'potential' threatening weather, neither refund nor compensation will be made. Cleaning fees and Reservation fees are nonrefundable.
16) Resort Destinations Right of Assignment: Resort Destinations reserves the right to change rental assignments under emergency conditions or unexpected maintenance problems that may arise from time to time. Every attempt will be made to contact you by mail, email or phone with a new confirmation if a change becomes necessary. Resort Destinations is not responsible for errors, for property changes made by owners, or for any conditions beyond our control. All unit descriptions are correct at the time of printing, but subsequent owner changes and renovations may have resulted in the unit/home beyond our control. Contact us if you have any further questions or concerns at 1-866-213-6928.
NO FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES OR FIREWORKS PERMITTED ON ANY LEASED PROPERTY OR ON THE PREMISES.
17) LOST KEYS/LOCK OUT: There will be a $25.00 charge for any lost key or gate card. Lockout after office hours will be at cost of a locksmith for opening. This will be deducted from the deposit or applied to the credit card on file for any after hour’s lock-outs or lost keys. For your convenience we provide a coded lockbox for the property in case of a lost key or property lock-out. Please return the lock box key back to the lockbox after usage. For any lockouts call Jeff at A Friendly Locksmith 850-960-6821.
18) Pool, Spa or Hot Tub wavier: Pool privileges are available only on those properties designated as such. Most swimming pools are open only from March to November, unless indicated otherwise. Please check the listing or call Resort Destinations office for more specific information. Pool opening/closing schedules are subject to change without notice or refund. If renting a unit with a pool or pool access, Resort Destinations and Owner is released from all liability for any injuries or death resulting from guest (s) or guest’s use of the pool or hot tub. Resort Destinations Owners provides pool and/or hot tub maintenance through a third party that is unaffiliated with Resort Destinations. Management and Owner does not have or assume any responsibility for supervising the existence, frequency or adequacy of pool/hot tub maintenance. Inadequately maintained hot tubs and pool can cause viral or bacterial illnesses that could be life threatening under various circumstances. Management does not inspect or test the pools and hot tubs for the presence of health threatening organisms. When tenants and guests use a pool/hot tub, they assume the risk of illness from an improperly maintained pool or hot tub. No alcohol, pets, nor urinating in pools or hot tubs. Children are not permitted in hot tubs. By signing the terms and conditions parties agree in writing that RDRM, Inc. DBA; Resort Destinations and the Owner(s) they represent will not be held liable under the law for any accidents, drowning or injury to any guest of Resort Destinations and it Owner(s) that use onsite or rented water equipment such as but not limited to pools, water slides or above ground pools. The guest agrees to abide by simple rules of watching and maintaining a safe environment for all parties that will use or swim in the above mentioned items. There is absolutely no diving in any of our pools, spa or hot tubs.
All children should have a constant parental watch any time there is water activities involved.
19) Hold Harmless: Guest agrees that Owner and Resort Destinations and it employees and Owners are not responsible for any injury to any person occurring on the property during the term of occupancy of the guest(s). Guest(s) understands that the property is privately owned and managed, including the furnishings and neither agent nor the Owner shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or equipment not presently in the home or on the premises. Guest(s) understands that certain areas, such as lock closets are designated for private use of the Owners and will not be available for the use of the Guest(s). Any Guest(s) that break into locked areas will be subject to criminal charges and fees. Resort Destinations will have the right to monitor the property, inspect and make repairs to keep the property from potential damage or becoming inhabitable. Guest(s) must comply with all individual building, zoning, association and property rules and regulations. Neither does owner or agent accept liability for any inconveniences, damages, loss or injury arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, cable service, electricity, plumbing, pool malfunctions, as well as, weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond our control. Also Renter agrees that Resort Destination and Owner of reserved property shall not be liable to Renter, Renter’s guests, Invitees or any other person for any injury loss or damage to any person or property on or around the premises of reserved property.
20) MAINTENANCE: Please report any maintenance issues for the premises to Resort Destinations at (850-249-1050) and we will respond as quickly as possible (WE WANT TO CONTINUE TO BE THE BEST OPTION FOR YOUR VACATION NEEDS). Refunds will not be made for maintenance issues including, but not limited to, heating and air conditioning, hot water heaters, appliances, televisions, stereos and appliances in the property. For any housekeeping issues please call 850-249-1050 and they will be addressed.
21) Check Out Procedures: The checkout procedures will be provided to you in your check in packages. Please abide by the rule and procedures of checking out. Private home have certain garbage pick up days, please refer to your check in receipt for the schedule. All cans and garbage should be taken to the end of the driveway the night before garbage pickup. Any excess garbage left on the premises will incur an additional charge to either the damage deposit or credit card on file.
R.D.R.M, Inc. Damage Insurance Policy
Insurance Coverage: Coverage is provided to all guest occuping the property that has been rented through Resort Destinations. Property Owner and owner guests that have not booked through Resort Destinations are not covered under this policy. There is no coverage unless this policy has been paid in full. This policy is non transferable and remains active during the current reservation only. This policy can not be purchased for guests when the majority is under 25 years of age and for any monthly stays. A major credit card must be on file at the time this policy is purchased. The policy fee is a non refundable $48.00 (forty eight dollars) paid by US funds in the form of cash, cashiers check or money order. The cashiers check or money order must be made payable to RDRM, INC. and is due at check in.
Effective Dates of Insurance: The effective date will start at the first day of your reservation at the time of check in and will end on the last day of your reservation at 10:00 am check out time.
Cancellations: Cancellation of this policy prior to the check in date and/or cancellation of reservation will constitute a full refund in the amount of this policy fee to the guest that is on the reservation.
What Is Covered: This policy will cover damages up to $1000.00 (One thousand US dollars) for any accidental damages listed below, caused by the guest residing in the property at the time the property has been rented.
1. Accidental spills on upholstery, or carpet.
2. Accidental broken lamps, dishes, cabinet handles, knick-knacks.
3. Accidental linen damages and small rugs.
4. Accidental drywall dents or scuffs marks and nicks in wood.
5. Accidental damages to pots & pans or utensils.
6. Accidental scratches on glass top surfaces.
7. Broken glass top end tables & coffee tables.
8. Broken Toaster, toaster oven, coffee pot, blender, hand held mixer , tea pot, water pitcher, drinking glasses and electric frying pan.
9. Displaced screen doors.
10. Lost Key or Key card. (No more than one)
11. Lost remote to TV.
12. Accidental damage to balcony chair. (Cigarette burns are not covered)
What is Not Covered: Intentional acts or gross negligence of the guest(s) occupying the property. This will be determined by the Inspector. Example: punching holes in walls or doors or excessive dirty carpets or upholstery.
1. Any damage that is caused by the guest(s) occupying the property, that is in violation of Resort Destinations Terms & Conditions.
2. Loss, theft or damage to any personal effects of the guest(s).
3. Any damage caused outside the rented premises or any damages caused by any invited guest(s).
4. Air conditioning systems due to freezing up the unit caused by guest.
5. Pools, spas, hot tubs, pumps or filtration system.
6. Extra housekeeping or garbage fees due to guest not following check out instructions.
7. Major appliances due to overloading or direct negligence. Or any other items or damages not included under what is covered.
8. Pet damages.
Duplication of Policy Coverage:. You may only purchase one plan per reservation period
Reporting Accidental Damages: Any accidental damages caused by guest(s) must be reported on form 5120 property damage claim form. This form has been provided to you in the Resort Destinations check in package. You may also fill out this form at the office of Resort Destinations.
If the guest(s) did not report damages during their stay, but the damages were reported by the Inspectors of Resort Destinations after the guest(s) checkout, the form 5120 will be filled out and processed by the inspector. Guest must abide by all Terms & Conditions under Resort Destinations policy. Any damages over the $1000.00 threshold or intentional or total neglect of property will be charged to credit card on file.
By signing below you agree to the Insurance policy terms and Resort Destinations Terms and Conditions.
See Addendum A: Evidence of Acceptance on the following page.
EVIDENCE OF ACCEPTANCE TO THIS AGREEMENT: Your signature or prepayment of monies, or full payment & taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement, is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental. If it shall become necessary for Resort Destinations to retain an Attorney to enforce any provisions of this agreement, the cost of said Attorney shall be added to the outstanding balance due to Resort Destinations. All cases shall be held in the courts of Bay County, Florida. These Terms & Conditions are publicly exposed on our website at www.BooktheGulf.com .
Guest(s) have agreed to and read the Terms & Conditions provided to them at the time of reserving, paying for and checking into the property represented by Resort Destinations.
Guest Signature: ______________________________________________ Date: _________
R.D.R.M, Inc Damage Insurance Policy: If the guest(s) purchased this policy, it is agreed that they have read and understood the policy conditions.
Guest Signature:______________________________________________ Date: __________
Complex Charges: Guest understand and agrees that complex Association’s may or may not charge additional fees for parking, arm bands, pool passes and pets. This fee is separate from Resort Destinations and the Owners they represent.
Guest Signature:______________________________________________ Date:__________
We do appreciate your vacationing with us! Resort Destinations wants each of our guests to enjoy their vacation to the fullest. Let’s be safe and keep our privately owned properties nice for the next customer.
The guest signing this contract agrees to be responsible for the reservation and all remaining guests that occupy the rented premises including but not limited to any invited guests.
RESORT DESTINATIONS – “Where It Is More Than A Vacation, It‘s Your Memories!”
6504 THOMAS DRIVE
PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL. 32408
850.235.4633 (OFFICE FAX)
850-896-1876 (Emergency Contact numbers) after hours
Click here to download this document.